Home Health Care
Our home health division works closely with your physician and provides a full-range of skilled care that is delivered by a team of local, health care professionals including registered nurses, home health aides, physical and occupational therapists, speech therapists and social workers.
The services include, but are not limited to:
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Patient Education
- Medication Assistance
- Pain Management
- Client Advocacy
- Community Resource Connection
VNA/HFK offers palliative care to provide pain and symptom relief from the effects of illness, regardless of the diagnosis or prognosis. The overall goal is to improve quality of life for the you and your family including the body, mind and spirit.
- Improves treatment of symptoms related to serious illness
- Helps to reduce trips to the emergency room or hospital by providing management of symptoms and stress related to serious illness
- Allows a VNA/HFK specialist to come and visit you in a variety of settings: hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and in private homes
At VNA/HFK, we believe every day is a gift. Our hospice care programs and services are all-encompassing for you and your family. We will provide assistance with the physical, medical, emotional, and spiritual challenges associated with advanced illnesses while working closely with your physician.
- VNA/HFK professionals provide expert pain and symptom management to promote quality of life and to maximize an individual’s ability to engage in favorite activities, visit family and spend time with friends.
- We provide the resources to support families and caregivers at night and on weekends to reduce the need for emergency room visits and hospital re-admissions because patient care is available.
- If an individual has Medicare or Medicaid, his/her hospice services benefit is covered 100 percent.
- VNA/HFK treats individuals with all types of life-limiting illnesses. There is no age mimimum or age limit for obtaining hospice care.
Visiting Nurses Association & Hospice of the Florida Keys offers many services to support you and your family through your illness or the loss of a loved one.
Please ask for more information about our unique programs:
After the loss of a loved one, coping with daily living can be hard. Knowing you are not alone in your difficult journey can make all of the difference. Through generous donations from community members, VNA/HFK is able to offer Healing Hearts, a grief support program, as a community service. For more information, please call 305.294.8812.
Counseling and Education
We offer individual, family and group bereavement counseling with clinical, licensed social workers as well as support groups and educational programs for anyone in the community who has experienced a loss.